INGREDIENTS : Breaded Fried Fish
Vegetable oil for frying 3 cups
Whole fish, flounder or similar white flesh 1 -1 1/2 lbs.
Eggs (whole) 2
Flour 1 cup
Bread crumbs1 1/2 cups (2 servings)
INGREDIENTS : Spicy Dipping Sauce
Fish sauce 1/4 cup
Sugar 2 tbsp.
Lime juice 3 tbsp.
Water 1/4 cup
Bird's eye chili peppers 1 tbsp.
Julienne raw mango or
green apples 1/2 cup
Breaded Fried Fish
1. Clean and gut the fish. Using a sharp knife score each side of the fish into large diamond shapes. Wash and pat dry.
2. Immerse the whole fish in flour and roll the fish in egg white, then dunk in bread crumbs.
3. Once the bread crumbs stick firmly onto the fish, place the fish in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes before frying.
4. Heat up oil in a frying pan and fry the breaded fish over a medium heat until it is golden brown and cooked. Take the fish out of the hot oil and drain on absorbent paper and serve the fish with julienne raw mango dipping sauce.
Spicy Dipping Sauce lnstructions
1. Melt the sugar in the rest of the liquid ingredients of the dipping sauce. Taste the sauce to see if it is sour and slightly sweet. If not, correct seasoning with sugar, lime juice and fish sauce.
2. Once you have a sauce, add the julienne raw mango or julienne green apple and chili peppers.
3. Spoon this sauce over the pieces of fish.